The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Well, I checked my email and found an email from freewebs. Apparently I have a poetry website from around seventh grade still up there. I found this one on there, and I thought it was pretty darn good for a 12-year-old!

.............

You think I’m too different,
I think you’re too normal.
You succeed in your wanting to be ‘just like everyone else’
But somehow you stand out,
A carbon copy of your friends.
Different from the crowd
but normal because
you’re so admired for your difference.

.............

School's out for summer! I'll miss you like crazy. I gotta stop now before I tear up again!


~~Lime <3

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, July 02, 2006, Blogger jocelyn said…

    EMILY!!!! i officially miss youlike crazy... i miss science, and some how, i have ignored my morals long enough to miss moonstone. you have to come back to poco for my birthday party...oh, i didn't tell you, it's going to be soo uber tacky...theres even plastic harmonicas!!! i'm not sure when it is, but it's sometime during the summer

     
  • At 11:18 PM, July 02, 2006, Blogger jocelyn said…

    have you realised that on the message dealy describing you id you read the first words before ... it is i am, then the last 2 words after the comma is "your friend" which makes "i am your friend" i was like woah!!!!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss you Em.
    Hope you are having a good summer.
    I might get to go see you, sometime when jason does a show near you ^^
    ps. Boys are rats & super rats
    xoxox Cait

     

Post a Comment

<< Home