The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Daybreak

Hot off the press, just finished it. I adore it (not meaning to brag, but I do). It's a tad long.

.............

Luminous red numbers,
ticking away with
remoresless efficency.
Stars peek through the curtains,
the headlights of acar
play peek-a-boo in shadows on the wall.

The swish of wheels,
as they skim through puddles,
in the silence of the night,
note is taken even of nothing,
Yet everything goes unseen.

The darkness is waiting-
for what, even in its inky black heart,
it does not know.
The silent expectancy
frightens children and adults alike.

The silence in the room
changes audibly.
As dawn's grey child
steals quietly into the hearts
of those awake at this hour.
Touched by the magic,
Transfixed by the tranquility,
My body sits reverently,
silently,
in the kitchen,
my eyes staring out the window,
Even as my spirit roams the misty mountain peaks.

Day does not make its prescence known abruptly.
The darkness is the same shade
As night,
Yet you feel,
In every part of your soul,
the tangible change,
from dark, silent expectancy,
to the soft, caressing feel
of daybreak.

.............

"This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.

This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang but a whimper."
-The Hollow Men, by T.S. Elliot

I suggest reading that poem. It's dark and deep and full of hopelessness and despair, but it's beautiful and there's an honest truth in it. I love it.

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~evans/hollow.html <-- click there to read it.
Going insane, filled to the brim with poetry right now. I've written about five today, all relatively high quality, and jotted down several notes that all have the potential to spark poems. Yay, I think I'm growing as a poet.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, October 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lime...
    I really enjoyed reading your poetry. I think that it is an excellent idea to post your poetry on a seperate blog. I am currently doing editing with Jason on my Social stdies project and you do not know how much I want to type a blog.
    Cait

     

Post a Comment

<< Home