The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

For Caitlyn, Kimmie, and Myself.

About life, love, and the loneliness called growing up.

.............

A lonely existance,
under glow-in-the-dark stars,
flourescent as the rampant emotions
that are running away with me.
I'm wondering about wondering,
as green fades to grey,
if you've never really loved,
and never really lost,
would you roll the dice on this one,
no matter what the cost?
Bittersweet aftertaste:
I didn't take the plunge.
Always biting off more,
and then spitting out,
scattered shards of memory
riddled with doubt.

.............

Wrote it, once again, in the middle of the night. The first line came to me and the rest followed suit. I rather like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home