The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

For Matthew

I will always be here for you.


The cloudy sky darkens,
children's voices fade.
Shadow fills the hall,
The icy blackness
Threatening to swallow me up.

Icy cold lies
slip into me like knives,
in this inky black world,
where even the truth should be
some sick, twisted falsehood.

In the years to come,
will your laugh still have
that ringing note of joy?
Will your eyes,
still pierce my heart
with their innocence?

It breaks my heart,
chills me to the core,
thinking of the cruelty.

Her unshed tears,
the purple hued circles under her eyes,
His grey hairs,
my fast-fading childhood,
were all for you.

With everything we've given up,
you needn't give back
a single tear.

All I ask is for a moment
that I may call eternity,
where I can hold you close,
still my baby boy.
One moment before you slip away,
consumed by the shadow
we call
our world.


Written in the middle of the night, last night. Not exactly poetry, not exactly prose. I don't know what it is but it feels like truth, and to me that's all that matters. Kind of... corny, cheesy? I'll post a better poem later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home