The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Someone Else's Shoes

Just wrote it, minutes before I wrote Daybreak (my last post). I think I'm all written out for the day...

.............

As gifted as we are,
At playing who we’re not,
The character I just cannot get into,
Is myself.

Someone else’s shoes
I fit into with relative ease.
Without a second thought,
I prance around,
Flaunting another’s individuality.

Their ups and downs,
Become my own,
Their memories entwine
And mingle with my thoughts,
Influencing my every move.
I breathe their breaths,
Dream their dreams,
Become motionless at the sight of their fears.

In someone else’s skin I am myself,
More than I could ever be in my own.
Regardless of the people
In the audience,
Their eyes on my every move.
I present the stark honesty of another person
Without hesitation.

And I wonder,
How I can live someone else’s mistakes,
With honesty and dignity all in one,
And simply not care,
When backstage, my own shoes feel awkward,
Too big, yet far too small?

But I found,
That being someone else
Has taught me my own lessons,
Being comfortable,
With another’s pain,
Mistakes,
Fear,
Hope,
Has taught me to be
Free in my own skin,
Comfortable with who I am.
No longer feeling the deadweight,
I laugh,
Doesn’t matter who is watching.

I had to loose myself
In order to find me again.

.............

Okay, I promise this is the last post of the day. Once I get going, I just can't stop! Anyways, I think lots of people can identify with this poem. Basically it's about how, when I act, I take on the mistakes and foolish hopes of another person, and I am totally fine with that. It's only when I venture into real life 'in my own shoes' that my insignificant faults seem huge.

Have a lovely Sunday. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home