The Elusive Thought

A place to try and catch the echo of a thought, ensnared in the tangled web of a mind. My poetry outpost. Read or don't, constructive critiscm/links/other poetry is appriciated. Flames don't do anything except make you look like a loser. All poetry are originals by me, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lifting Up


Listening to James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful', I wanted to write a refreshing, clensing poem... I feel like that's the only thing to lift me out of this rut. Lately everything's so... blah. I want to change that.

.............

The youth die old,
the old die lonely,
forgotten by a desensitized world
where even the remembered are lost.
there has to be something more,
something more to what we're droning on for.
maybe if we broke the circle we could understand.
all this beauty can't be fleeting,
a single complex cell
contains art.
only to be lost at death, eaten away by this world.

trying to fill the void,
like a vacuum, this world sucks us in,
and gives back nothing.
whatever happened
to those days when being grown up,
was so far away?
it's close now,
i'm on the brink of the edge of destruction.
the emptiness bounces around inside me.

i'm lost, you lost me,
lost me at hello.
.............

Well... I think I suceeded in getting myself depressed, but nonetheless... I got something out of me. I didn't like this poem, but I have a few in my journal that I do like, I'll post later.

~~Lime <3

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home